Home Living & Sustainability
Travel Tips for a Spring Getaway
March 21, 2023
The winter blues has us eager for warmer weather and colourful scenery. So we are ditching our heavy coats with a spring getaway. Here are eight great tips to make the most of your spring getaway!
1. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water. Make sure you’re getting enough fluids in your system to stay hydrated. Electrolyte packets like Pedialyte, are convenient to throw in a carry-on. They can give you an added hydration boost when travel starts wearing you down. *If you’re traveling abroad, use store bought bottled water to prevent stomach infection.
2. Maintain healthy habits. Healthy habits don’t have to go out the window just because you’re away from home. Overindulging on vacation can leave you sluggish and irritable. *Increasing your protein intake by carrying some nuts or trail mix can help to avoid low blood sugar.
3. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can affect your memory and mood. To keep from feeling groggy, get some extra sleep on long flights or rides, and don’t stay up late. Not getting enough sleep can affect your immune system, making it harder for you to fight off colds and other illnesses. Consider what helps you sleep to be best prepared for travel. *We like to download a sleep playlist for our noise-cancelling headphones, pack some Sleepytime tea, and never leave for a flight without an eye mask and neck pillow.
4. Take a daily vitamin. Begin taking a daily multivitamin or vitamin C before your getaway. Continue while traveling to strengthen your immune system and defend against germs.
5. Pack smart. Curate a capsule wardrobe for your trip. This means you pack the least amount of clothing that creates the most amount of outfits. A capsule wardrobe’s lighter load will further condense with the use of packing cubes - a great way to organize and minimize bulk. *Don’t forget to pack a Getaway Gang too! The clear re-usable zip bag is packed with items to keep your garments in great shape while away from home. The single-use pods and stain treating towelettes make it easy to pack light, because you can refresh your garments on the go. There’s also a small sewing kit and nail file, so you’ll be ready for just about any clothing issue!
6. Hire Local Guides. When you hire a local guide, you are directly supporting the local economy and helping local families. When you book locally, there is no middleman or added fees, the money is going directly into that person’s pocket. It’s also a great way to make new friends while you immerse yourself in local culture.
7. Find Free Walking Tours. A favorite travel tip is to find free walking tours you can join when you reach your destination. It’s a great way to get your bearings and discover local attractions and history. They are either self-guided or led by locals and you only pay what you feel is comfortable at the end of the tour.
8. Share a smile. A smile breaks the ice when you first meet people and can go a long way when there is a language barrier. For example, when you are off the beaten path, a smile is often the only thing you will have in common when communicating. It’s your best currency. You will likely receive better service when you smile and make new friends when you smile. Plus, it’s free. *When in a foreign country, try the local language. Whether its a simple greeting, or ordering lunch, showing that you are making an effort goes a long way to locals.
These are just a few tips to pack in your suitcase or keep in mind while you prepare for your next trip. Spring getaways are the perfect time to try them out and see some place new.
Home Living & Sustainability
5 Ways to Ease the Back to School Transition
While many things have not changed, your “back-to-school” routine comes with new challenges each year. Today we’ve collected 5 tried and true tips to help you prepare for the new school year ahead.
Lingerie & Athleisure
Dive into Style and Comfort with Active Wear
Swimsuits, workout gear, and active wear are no longer confined to the realms of the beach or gym; they have become style statements in their own right. Incorporating Eucalan into your washing routine ensures that your favourite pieces remain vibrant, comfortable, and long-lasting.